Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Group Session PowerPoints
Qualtrics Consent Letter Format Review
Qualtrics Consent Letter Review has been discontinued.
This service has been discontinued as of May 23, 2022.
After reviewing the quality of the consent letter ADA compliance when the IRB team configured this service versus when students did this themselves, we concluded that despite the difference in visual appeal, the ADA compliance was not improved. We concluded that the Qualtircs Consent Letter Review only served to impose a delay while the IRB team worked to gain access to student surveys or questionnaires to format the consent letter.
How do I add the consent letter to my survey/questionnaire?
To paste your consent letter into your survey, please use the following steps.
- Open your survey/questionnaire for editing.
- Click on "Add Block" text below any block.
- Drag and drop the block so that it is the first block. This will place it above the default question block.
- Rename the block to Consent Letter.
- Deselect the checkmark to the left of the question number. You do not need to have a question number on the consent letter.
- Click on the Add new question button.
- Click Text/Graphic from the list of question types.
- Copy and paste your consent letter into the text box.
- Review the headers to ensure they are bold, and follow them with a space. This will help your headings stand out by adding some space around them.
- Ensure that your entire consent letter was pasted into the text box and that is readable. You should paste the consent letter without the MS Word formatting as the hidden characters in MS Word can interfere with proper display and screen reader functionality.
- Add the following text to the bottom of the consent letter: By clicking the next button and completing the survey you indicate that you have consented to participate in this research. If you do not want to participate, please close the browser.
- Save your work.
- Preview your survey and revise as needed.
What will the IRB Reviewers look for in my survey/questionnaire?
- Reviewers will continue to check surveys/questionnaires to ensure the consent letter is on the first page, and that the statement "By clicking the next button and completing the survey you indicate that you have consented to participate in this research. If you do not want to participate, please close the browser" has been added to the bottom of the consent letter.
- Questions are not set to required. Participants have the right to skip any questions they do not want to answer. To support this, questions cannot be mandatory. Do not force people to complete a question.
How do I get help with my survey/questionnaire?
Qualtircs provides a rich self-service portal. It is found at https://www.qualtrics.com/support/.
How do I test for ADA compliance?
There are many tools you can use to test your survey for ADA accessibility. While NCU IRB does not endorse any specific tool, we have had good results with AccessibilityChecker