RefWorksLogin New RefWorks
(Alumni click here)
Login Legacy (Old) RefWorks
*New users need to create a personal account to get started - See the options under How do I create an account?
What is RefWorks?
- RefWorks is NCU Library's preferred citation management tool.
- Free for NCU students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Helps you organize your research
- Helps you create APA reference lists
- Allows you to import citations directly and indirectly from Library databases and research websites, like Google Scholar, PubMed and WorldCat
- Enables you to share citations and lists
- Go to https://refworks.proquest.com/signup/
- Click “Create account.” You must use your NCU Email address to sign up for a new RefWorks account using the new version.
- Your NCU email address becomes your login name.
- An activation email will be sent and you will need to validate your account to continue.
- Once you click on the link in the activation email, you will be directed back to RefWorks to enter your name, role, and department affiliation.
- You’ll also be asked if you’d like to install the “Save to RefWorks” browser bookmarklet (a great way to capture data from web pages!) and if you’d like to install one of our paper writing helpers (Write-N-Cite for Word or RefWorks Add-on for Google Docs).
More account considerations:
2. For detailed comparisons, see the Upgrade from Legacy RefWorks to the New RefWorks – User Guide
New RefWorks Migration
- If you have a current account for Legacy RefWorks, after logging in you will see a link to move to the newest version, as shown above. Follow the automated process to move your username, password, and references to the New RefWorks.
- If you are currently using Write-in-Cite and have an MS Word document in progress, then you will want to wait until you have completed your document.
- Legacy RefWorks will be available until at least 2018 and maybe longer. You can continue using the old version and the new version side by side.
- For more details on the migration, see Upgrade from Legacy RefWorks to the New RefWorks – User Guide and the page on Importing Your Legacy RefWorks Database when you already have a new RefWorks account.
- If you currently use ProQuest FLOW, see Upgrading from Flow to the New RefWorks
- See the Library Workshop, Introduction to the NEW RefWorks - attend a live session or view the recorded version.
Quick tutorials - ProQuest RefWorks YouTube Channel
NCU Library RefWorks FAQs
For Legacy RefWorks - Visit the RefWorks User Support
For New RefWorks – Visit ProQuest RefWorks Support Resources
You may also contact RefWorks Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.775.327.4105. Support hours are Monday-Friday 6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time.
If you have created an account and are unable to access using your login and password, click ‘Forgot your password?’ to reset it. If you are still unable to reset your password, contact the Library for assistance.
Alumni RefWorks Access
NCU Alumni have access to their RefWorks account upon graduation. You may continue to access by logging into your NCU Alumni Portal and clicking the Alumni Library Databases link. To access Legacy RefWorks, click here. You may also use the New RefWorks platform and create an account using your NCU email address.